Are you prepared for the heat this summer?
Extreme heat can have a serious impact on the health and wellbeing of everyone.
Here are a few tips to stay safe this summer.
- Drink plenty of water so you stay hydrated
- Wear cool clothing
- Keep you home cool
- Make use of air conditioning
- Stay out of the sun as much as possible
- If you need to be in the sun make sure you apply sunscreen, wear a hat and cover up
- Never leave your children or pets unattended in your car
- Stay in tough with people who are unwell and elderly friends and relatives to make sure they are ok
- Make sure your pets stay cool and have plenty of water
If you live in Elliston or are visiting during a period of extreme heat, the Elliston Community & Visitor Information Centre on Memorial Drive has an open door policy. Drop in to the Centre, borrow or buy a book, enjoy a coffee and a chat and keep cool! For further information contact the Centre on 8687 9200, firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the website: www.elliston.com.au
To find out more about being prepared for extreme heat download the Extreme Heat Fact Sheet(83 kb)
Are you aware of the dangers caused by Extreme Heat?
For information on the dangers of heat stress and the measures that can be adopted to mitigate the effect please refer to the following: