DCE Strategic Plan 2012 – 2017
The District Council of Elliston's Strategic Plan outlines Council's long term vision for the future and the strategies which Council will take in order to meet the needs and expectations of the community in a planned and coordinated manner. The Strategic Plan incorporates community, elected member, council employees and government agencies' input.
Strategic Plan(1567 kb)to download a copy of the Strategic Plan.
DC Elliston's Strategic Plan is structured in a hierarchal format. It outlines Council's long term vision for the future and layer by layer it identifies ways in which Council can achieve the vision.
- Our vision paints a picture of what we would like our District to achieve in the long term
- Our mission explains what business Council is in and it aims to do
- Goals are the high level objectives Council strives for in order to achieve its vision for the community
- Outcomes are the results Council aims to achieve by undertaking its strategies
- Strategies outline the way Council intends to achieve its goals
A viable, cohesive, dynamic community which supports expanding economic opportunities in a sustainable manner without compromising the natural assets or quality of lifestyle of the community.
Our Mission :
As a legislated business, the District Council of Elliston aims to provide leadership, representation, advocacy and prudent management for its communities and visitors, and to work with them to identify asset needs and improve services.
Our Core Values:
The Elected Members and staff of the District Council of Elliston are guided by the following day-to-day principles to create a positive and dynamic organisational culture:
- Good governance
- Ethical behaviour
- Community focus
- Openness and Accountability
- Positive Leadership
- Team focus